What do people get from learning NLP?
In 2007 after advice from Paul Tosey at Surrey University Business School, who heads up NLP research in the UK, we commissioned a piece of qualitative research from five independent researchers to identify the main benefits that students on our NLP Practitioner training got from being on the course.
Self-confidence – More choice –
Improved relationships – Self-awareness – Quality of life
The top benefits that emerged for each of the five researchers based on independent text analysis were:
- Quality of life – Quality of relationships with others – More choices – Calm and self esteem – Dealing with fear – Practical skills
- Feeling empowered – Connecting with others – Community – More choices – Skills – Positive emotional state – Self-awareness
- Self-authoring – Choice – Quality relationships
- Choice – Growth and change – Self discovery – Connection – Empowerment – Support – Enjoyment and happiness
- Growth/learning – Greater choice – Relationships – Confidence – Skills resources – Inner Peace – Appreciating different perspectives